Couple of days ago my friend ask me about preparation of MCTS 70-536 and its material. As promised in earlier post “Getting Started with Microsoft Certifications Part II” , I’m just going to share my personal experience and perception. So lets discuss some key points in preparation for certifications
- Make up track in your mind
- First of all, you must have a proper track to follow. When I say track I mean which area your interested in and also in which you are most interested as well
- Start with the program in which you are most interested, For this will ease in your preparation and will definitely give you a good boost 🙂
- Start reading training kit
- If you have done some work on that technology, obviously which is recommended as well, for instance WPF Now for just clearing certifications I believe Training Kits are good enough to prepare
- In order to have some good understanding of technology I think one should go for other books as well instead of just going through Self Paced Training Kits
- Self motivation
- Until or unless you do have motivate yourself for preparing and giving for exam, You are definitely tend to be sluggish learner.
- For me It was my profile, I wanted to MCP or MCTS etc 🙂
- Thanks to my workplace as well i.e. KalSoft for where I found number of MCTS’s, MCPD’s and MVP’s as well, They definitely gives you inspiration
- Allocate some time on regular basis
- Once you are ready to start, I would recommend you to allocate some time on regular basis
- For instance, one hour daily after dinner or in the evening
- It’s difficult to get out time
- With job its not easy to take out time, so what if you can read while traveling than its a good way to utilize time and study
- Register your self and Enforce preparation
- If you find a good offer like second shot etc then register your self within 1-1.5 month(s) ahead.
- That would pressurize you and will made you prepare for the exam
These were some of the points I wanted to share with you all and that’s how I succeeded. Remember it varies from individual to individual, every one has their own way of learning.
That’s it for now. Take care